How to Make Your Father’s Day Special
He is a hero for his son and the first love for his daughter…
He loves you who you are and accepts you the way you are…
He is always there during all good or bad times and ready to catch you each time you fall…
He is a backbone of the family and a pillar of strength through all storms…
He is someone who scolds you when you break rules and makes you laugh when you are sad…
He loves you immensely and he has his own ways to show his love…
He works day and night quietly and expects no praises in return…
He is a friend … He is a guide…He is a mentor…He is a protector
He is a blessing and greatest gift from God…
Fathers day is celebrated to honor and appreciate fatherhood and paternal bonds. It is a day to express your love to him and cherish every moment with him.
To help make this day special for you and your family, we have provided you with some ideas on how to spend Father’s Day (June 21!) with him. We have also short-listed some cute, sentimental, and funny quotes to help you write meaningful messages, texts, and cards. Lastly, as an added bonus, we have put together some awesome dad videos! This may give you something to bring up when you give your dad that phone call.
Here are some quick links to help you get to the part of the article that interests you the most:
- Tips on how to celebrate father’s day during the quarantine
- Father’s Day Sentimental Quotes
- Father’s Day Cute Quotes
- Father’s day funny quotes
- Awesome Dads – Videos
Tips on How to Celebrate Father’s Day in Quarantine
- Call off all your meetings and spend some quality time with him. If you are away, you can facetime or call. This the best gift you can give your dad on this special day.
- Prepare a nice table and enjoy the breakfast with him in your backyard (while social distancing!).
- Give him a gift. A gift does not need to be expensive, it needs to come from the heart. He will be impressed by the amount of thought and effort you put into it. Think about his preferences and needs before choosing a gift. Check out this link for some amazing gift ideas!
- Order takeout for lunch from his favorite restaurant. Most of the restaurants offer online ordering and delivery options during this quarantine period. If you live with your dad, you can also make him a special dinner and give it a restaurant feel.
- Go for a bike ride together! It’s a great way to have fun and be physically active.
- Play board games or party games with the whole family to have some fun while bonding.
- Enjoy virtual events together. You may not be able to step out of the house, but you can see the world’s best museums like Louvre Museum Paris or enjoy Virtual Safari tours from the comfort of your home. Many artists are streaming live music so enjoy the virtual concerts together while you are still home!
- Watch recordings of his favorite sports and revive his favorite iconic moments together. With NBA League Pass and NFL game pass, you can watch all his favorite past games. Also, MLB-TV and NHL.com have opened their archives so that their fan can enjoy favorite past games.
- Watch a movie/show with him on Netflix. Even if you’re not with your dad right now, you can still watch Netflix with him. Netflix Party allows you to start your videos together and even allows for a group chat option! You can also call him on facetime during the movie so it really feels like you’re watching together.
God took the strength of a mountain
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun
The calm of a quiet sea
The generous soul of nature
The comforting arm of night
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle’s flight
The joy of a morning in spring
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined all these qualities
When there was nothing more to add
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, he calls it…”Dad.”
For all those times
I left it unsaid….
Thanks for being there
for me… For showing
me the way…
For being patient with
me even when I made it
difficult for you…
For believing in me &
and being such an inspiring
presence in my life
Any man can be a father
but it takes someone special
to be a dad
Some people don’t believe in heroes, but they haven’t met my dad.
A father is someone who carries pictures where the money used to be
What is a dad?
A dad is a person who is loving and kind, and
often he knows what you have on your mind.
He’s someone who listens, suggests, and defends.
A dad can be one of your very best friends.
He’s proud of your triumphs, but
when things go wrong, a dad can be patient and helpful and strong.
In all that you do, a dad’s love plays a part.
There’s always a place for him deep in your heart, and
each year that passes, you’re even more glad,
more grateful and proud to call him your dad.
Thank you, Dad, for listening and caring, forgiving and sharing,
but especially, for just being you.”
A father is a banker provided by nature
By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right,
he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.
A man’s worth is measured by how he parents his children.
What he gives them, what he keeps away from them,
the lessons he teaches, and the lessons he allows them to learn on their own.
Happy Father’s Day to the coolest Dad ever!
Dad, I know you’ve loved me as long as I’ve lived,
but I’ve loved you my whole life!
When God was handing out dads, he saved the best for me.
It’s that time of year again when everyone tries to tell themselves that
they had the best dad in the world.
I really did have the best dad in the world, so they can’t be right
I’m so grateful to be sharing life, love, and parenthood with a wonderful man like you
Ok, no one said raising me was going to be easy.
You just made it look that way.
Happy Father’s Day!
I love you Dad!
I hope I’ve made you proud, Dad and if not,
hey, maybe you ought to lower your expectations.
Happy Father’s Day Daddy.
Dad, you’ve always given me everything I wanted.
Either that or you’re very good at convincing me what I want
Sending you all my love and I wish I could be there to give you a big bear hug
I am truly grateful to have you in my life!
Happy Father’s Day
When I was a kid, I said to my father one afternoon, ‘Daddy, will you take me to the zoo?’
He answered, ‘If the zoo wants you, let them come and get you.’
My dad asked me, “Son, have I been a good father?”
I said, “Dad, you’re the best. Why do you ask?”
He said, “I wanted to make sure the way you turned out is your fault.”
You gotta love dads.
At my wedding, when I tripped on my wedding dress
and fell flat on my face,
Dad said, “Don’t worry, you’ll do better next time.”
I was 36 before I figured out most of my dad’s advice to me was
just quotes from Burt Reynolds movies.
I remember the time I was kidnapped and
they sent a piece of my finger to my father.
He said he wanted more proof.
I gave my father $100 and said, ‘Buy yourself something that will make your life easier.’
So he went out and bought a present for my mother.
Here are some awesome fathers who hold Guinness World Records titles.
- Nine-year-old Rafael Gomez and his father Juan holds Guinness World Records with the title for the most baseball catches with alternating hands in one minute.
- According to the Guinness World Records, “In 2015, the largest tire track image was achieved by Hyundai Motor Company, who used eleven vehicles to create a 5,556,411.86 m² 59,808,480.26 ft²) message a 12-year-old girl wished to send to her astronaut father. Spelling out the words ‘Steph ♥’s You’, Genesis cars creating lines 30 meters wide on the desert floor so that Steph could communicate with her dad who had been at the International Space Station for the past seven months. Luckily Steph’s dad received her loving message, making for a very touching record. “
- Gordon Ramsay and his eldest daughter Matilda holds the record for the most eggs cracked one-handed in a minute as per Guinness world records 2018.
- Reverend Kevin Fast achieved the record for the heaviest vehicle pulled over a level 100 ft, using just a rope!
These are a few awesome dads, but let’s be honest, all dads are awesome.
Enjoy your day with him.
Have a Happy Father’s Day!